Pet Blogger Challenge
I saw this on willmydoghateme.com and well, why not?
Challenge Questions #1: For bloggers who haven’t participated before
1. When did you begin your blog?
Boogie’s blog began on Myspace back in the day when people used Myspace. That was four years ago when I adopted him.
2. What was your original purpose for starting a blog?
– To share with friends what I was learning about Boogie
– To show off cute photos
– To get ‘parenting feedback’
(I also had blogs for the dogs that I fostered before Boogie – see the links column on the right, scroll down)
3. Is your current purpose the same? If not, what’s different?
Yes, and more.
– This blog is now also a means for me to keep a record of Boogie’s training experiences, vet visits and other parenting challenges.
– to share what I am learning about dog behavior from our trainer, from books and the internet
– to showcase my Boogie drawings and generate interest in my dog illustrations (www.doggiedrawings.net)
4. Do you blog on a schedule or as the spirit moves you?
As the spirit moves me.
If the latter, do you worry about… well, whatever you might worry about (e.g. losing traffic, losing momentum)?
No. I either have something to blog about or I don’t.
5. Are you generating income from your blog?
If not currently, do you hope to in the future — and how?
I would like to but I don’t think I can run third-party ads in a WordPress.com (vs. a self-hosted) blog…. and it seems like too overwhelming a task to move everything over a self-hosted blog. If only someone else could do this for me :) BTW, I am not prepared to run ads just for the sake of making $. They have to be relevant…
6. What do you like most about blogging in general and your blog in particular (bragging is good!)?
I like blogging on Boogie’s blog because I can be as much of a dog nerd as I’d like to be. I can be as obssessive as I like and share anything dog/Boogie-related without shame. It’s always nice to get new subscribers and comments
I’d like to think that Boogie’s blog is fun and unique because it comes with drawings of a blue-eyed boston terrier that you don’t see anywhere else. Well, that, and I love drawing my dog.
P.S. I have other blogs for non dog-related stuff.
7. What do you like least?
The layout and appearance. I wish I knew how to code.
8. How do you see your blog changing/growing in 2012?
– I would like to integrate this blog with my other Boogie-related sites: the etsy store, the zazzle store, etc. Perhaps I need to use a different hosting platform or create a new website with a blog attached. When I can afford it, I plan to consult a website professional to help me do this.
– In terms of content, I have no idea! I look forward to new exciting experiences in 2012 = more stuff to blog about!