Bloggers Unite for Pet Rescue & Mall Dogs
July 24, 2012 at 10:06 pm
Aargh. I am one day late! Today is July 24th. Via this site:
HOW CAN YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
- Blog about a Dog Rescue related topic on July 23rd, 2012
- Add one of the badges below to your blog and help spread the word
- Donate to a local dog rescue organization
- Foster a dog
- Volunteer at a local shelter or rescue organization
- Share this post across all forms of social media and encourage others to participate!
I could blog about my rescue dog Boogie, but we’ll take a little break from Boogie for now. I want everyone to know about a new documentary film project called MALL DOGS.
The film is by Jessi Badami, whom I met at Clicker Expo last year. We sat next to each other in the Kay Laurence seminar, chatted, exchanged business cards, and kept in touch over the year.
Jessi is amazingly prolific – she writes, she acts, she makes films, she rescues dogs, and she was going to enroll in the Karen Pryor Academy this year but changed her mind and decided to concentrate all her energy instead on making this documentary about Lucky Paws, a very unique and successful pet shelter in Albuquerque, NM, that is located inside a mall.
You can read more about this film on: the Dogparent.com website and on the film’s Kickstarter page.
Watch this video:
In short, MALL DOGS is an uplifting rescue story and I can’t wait to work on it. I will be creating illustrations and animations.
However, the Mall Dogs project can not happen if it doesn’t receive full Kickstarter funding in 30 days! Please donate. You can pledge any amount from as little as one dollar. Higher donations come with bigger and better premiums! Then, please share this blog post, tweet it, facebook it, pin it, do your social media thing.
“Mall Dogs” – Visit the Kickstarter page
Coming soon to Boogie’s blog:
- My experience of Nicole Wilde’s seminar on “Separation Anxiety” & “Dog-Dog Play”
- A review of the new “Tough Love” film
Entry filed under: Art, Articles, links, Books & DVDs, Rescue. Tags: .